113 Fig Street, Grayling, MI
Founded in 1958 by Grayling native Charles Fick, Fick & Sons has been heating and fueling Northern Michigan for over 50 years. Charles built the very first office on the corner of M-72 in Grayling, and today you’ll still find our Grayling office there proudly servicing Grayling and it’s surrounding areas. Fick & Son’s remains locally owned and operated, constantly striving to expand our services throughout Northern Michigan. Today we are proud to offer propane services, fuel transport, convenience stores and diesel repair. Whether residential or commercial, we provide the services to meet our customers needs and exceed expectations.
We are looking for a friendly addition to join our Grayling Propane front office and service our customers by performing the following duties:
- Receptionist & Secretarial Duties – Welcomes on site customers, determines nature of business, and assists or directs customer to appropriate personnel.
- Clerical Duties – Filing, copying, and collating; Creates memos, correspondences, reports, faxes and other documents when necessary.
- Performs all stages of budgeting customers.
- Data Entry
- Office Supply Ordering
- Propane Service Fills as needed (Ability to lift up to 100 pounds).
- Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, while keeping abreast of current developments.
- Contributes to building a positive team atmosphere.
- Communicates clearly and informatively with co-workers & customers by responding promptly to needs.
- Adapts to new technologies using technical skills to increase productivity.
- Promotes customer focus by establishing customer service standards and monitoring customer satisfaction.
- 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Sufficient knowledge and computer skills to utilize software to assist customers.
- Full Time Hours
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k Program (w/ company match & profit sharing)
- Vacation, Sick, & Holiday Pay
- Quarterly Recognition Bonus Program
- Company wide discounts on propane, fuel, convenience store merchandise, hotel stays, and more!