Grayling, MI 49738
Founded in 1958 by Grayling native Charles Fick, Fick & Sons has been heating and fueling Northern Michigan for over 50 years. Charles built the very first office on the corner of M-72 in Grayling, and today you’ll still find our Grayling office there proudly servicing Grayling and it’s surrounding areas. Fick & Son’s remains locally owned and operated, constantly striving to expand our services throughout Northern Michigan. Today we are proud to offer propane services, fuel transport, convenience stores and diesel repair. Whether residential or commercial, we provide the services to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
Seeking an experienced driver to perform the following duties:
- Load tanker truck with Propane and deliver them to customers while adhering to all Company and Governmental regulations.
- Operate tanker truck in accordance to Company policies and state/federal laws.
- Transport loads along required/best route to proper destination while observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork on a daily basis.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and pass random cleanliness inspections.
- Perform daily safety inspections on equipment and fill out Vehicle Inspection Report to be turned in with paperwork.
- Report any equipment malfunctions and/or concerns to the Transport Manager or the garage.
- Have thorough knowledge of and the ability to use loading arms and pump at loading racks, use auxiliary pumps for loading and unloading of the vehicle, and use spill kits and fire extinguisher.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Maintain a safe driving and injury record, ensuring compliance with DOT, OSHA, and CETP.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with team members, management, and customers.
- CETP Certified.
- Valid Michigan Commercial Driver’s license (Class B) with air brakes, hazardous material and tanker endorsements.
- Meet Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and medical requirements.
- Pass substance abuse screening and agree to random substance abuse screening as required by Company Policy.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the job such as lifting up to 100 lbs.
- 401k Program (w/ company match & profit sharing)
- Bonus Program
- Company wide discounts on propane, fuel, convenience store merchandise, hotel stays, and more!